RIA lecture This is the archive of my lecture called "Rich Internet Applications" that took place from October 2010 to April 2011.
On 10, Okt 2010 | inRIA lecture | vonJohannes Hoppe
Some students asked me for some good books that I would recommend.
The module description (Modulbeschreibung) of the lecture lists some skills, which are all required and obligate:
- General knowledge in programming
- General knowledge in computer networks
For these skills I would recommend the followings books / resources.
- Programming (C#): Visual C# 2010 – free!
- Networks: Computernetzwerke by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- Programming (C#): C# Cookbook by Jay Hilyard, Stephen Teilhet
- Programming (C#): C# 4.0 in a Nutshell by Joseph Albahari, Ben Albahari
- Networks: Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
If you are really into the RIA topic and if you want to go beyond the required scope, then take a look at the following resources.
- Pro Silverlight 4 in C# by Matthew MacDonald
- ASP.NET MVC Framework Unleashed by Stephen Walther – also covers some software design principles and and introduces unit testing!
- Programming Entity Framework, 2nd edition Julia Lerman
If you have some more recommendations, please write a comment!