RIA lecture This is the archive of my lecture called "Rich Internet Applications" that took place from October 2010 to April 2011.
Some students asked me for some good books that I would recommend.
The module description (Modulbeschreibung) of the lecture lists some skills, which are all required and obligate:
- General knowledge in programming
- General knowledge in computer networks
For these skills I would recommend the followings books / resources.
- Programming (C#): Visual C# 2010 – free!
- Networks: Computernetzwerke by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- Programming (C#): C# Cookbook by Jay Hilyard, Stephen Teilhet
- Programming (C#): C# 4.0 in a Nutshell by Joseph Albahari, Ben Albahari
- Networks: Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
If you are really into the RIA topic and if you want to go beyond the required scope, then take a look at the following resources.
- Pro Silverlight 4 in C# by Matthew MacDonald
- ASP.NET MVC Framework Unleashed by Stephen Walther – also covers some software design principles and and introduces unit testing!
- Programming Entity Framework, 2nd edition Julia Lerman
If you have some more recommendations, please write a comment!