DMDW lecture This is the archive of my lecture called "Data Mining – Data Warehouse" that took place from February 2011 to June 2011.
DMDW – Presentation of your ETL project
as you know, every student
has to present his ETL project.
- Please Extract the content of the room-plan excel file
(write me a mail if you don’t know the password)
- then Transform it to a new structure.
(e.g. normalize the content, clean it, deal with typos, parse the dates…)
- and finally Load it to a new target.
(In most cases this target will be a database system.)
- Present your solution to the other students, give me your materials. Don’t forget you name on the slides.
You are free to use any programming language, script or dedicated tool. Every database system is allowed. And you are still free to choose a complete different way as long as your solution covers the three letters!
- Every team will have to present a unique solution to migrate the data.
Every team should have a size of one to max. three people.
- It should be a hands-on lab for the other students.
- I will upload all materials to this blog.
- Preferred time box: 45 – 90 minutes
- The fewer manual steps the better!
(A good ETL application will not require manual steps during the process. It will have a self-explaining interface AND / OR it will run at night without any interaction.)
- The presentation is required.
A presentation qualifies you for the exam. No presentation. No grade. Everybody team member should attend to presentation.
- Again: Don’t forget your full names on the slides (if you use power point) or in a separate text file (if you prefer a whiteboard).
You can present your solution at:
- Friday, the 6th of Mai 2011 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 noon
- Friday, the 13th of Mai 2011 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 noon
- optionally: a third Friday we will choose together
So yes! The next two Fridays will be very long, since the regular lecture will be in the afternoon.